RxView is the basic desktop application, providing viewing and printing facilities to over 250 different file formats.
With RxView on their machines, the users can view, measure, compare and print their files without any other software installed on the machines. CAD Drawings, scanned papers, 3D Models, Office files and PDF files are all handled by one piece of software – RxView.
Manufacturing, engineering, design and construction companies will realize substantial cost savings and productivity gains with use of Rasterex’ viewing technology. Not only can they skip multiple seats of the original design software, but there will be only one application where installation, maintenance and update of the complete range of file formats is required.
RxView displays and prints more than 250 different file formats
- 2D CAD drawings
- 3D CAD Models and draft files
- Adobe PDF
- MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Scanned raster files – also large formats
- Image files
- Hybrid formats
- Graphics formats
- And many more…
See a complete format list under related info. 3D formats must be licensed separately.
- New CAD and Office toolbars for better handling of these formats.
- COM-based component architecture displays multiple files simultaneously.
- 2D drawing support includes; AutoCAD (incl. AutoCAD 2014), MicroStation V8.5, ME10/30, HPGL etc.
- Optional 3D support includes; CATIA V5, CATIA V4, PRO/E, Unigraphics, Inventor, SolidEdge, SolidWorks, AutoCAD and STL. 3D files can be rotated, sectioned and measured etc.
- Includes multiple and split windows, thumbnail and preview support, view selection, Bird’s Eye view, magnifying cursor, layer control, pen table manipulation and Watermark printing.
- Multi-page functionality for documents and TIFF files.
- Calibration and snap functions for take-off measurements on drawing files.
- Previous versions of files can be compared with the differences highlighted.
- Use the Shell Extension and RxView is fully integrated into Windows Explorer enabling file preview of supported formats, directly within Explorer.
RxHighlight is the same application as RxView, but extended with markup, file conversion and batch routines.
RxHighlight adds advanced functions like redlining, markup, file conversion and batch printing/batch conversion to the viewer, allowing multiple users to collaborate and share information more efficiently throughout the organization. RxHighlight improves the revision control, shortens the time used for engineering changes and improves the feedback process in the organization. It is designed for network environments, with administrative tools and access control.
Redlining, Markup and Collaboration
RxHighlight enables you to share information more efficiently than ever before. The sophisticated redlining tools allow implementation of better and faster revision control, shorten the time used in engineering changes and improves the feedback process in your organization. RxHighlight is designed for network environments and the extended network configuration tool gives administrators full control of user access to information.
Conversion and Web Publishing
Document conversion and publishing is easy with RxHighlight. Convert any viewable data or document file type into another format – for example convert one CAD format to another, or publish to Internet formats such as JPEG, DWF and PNG for easy archiving and transmission across the Internet.
RxView360 is a true web viewer, enabling universal viewing of any file type from any location in any browser on any platform – providing a variety of features for viewing, measuring, zooming/panning/rotation, calibration, annotation and file conversion.
- No client-side installation required
- No original design application needed
- Works on any platform (PCs, Mac, iPad, iPhone, Android)
- Works in any browser (IE, Chrome, Safari, Firefox and others)
- Installation, configuration, customization, support, and updates done on the server.
- Server-side processes
Request an RxView360 evalutation version, with 30-day trial license.
The Thick ActiveX controls RxViewX & RxHighX can be embedded into any VB, Delphi, C++/MFC or WEB application. They are fully customizable and equipped with over 100 scripts for flexible programming
The thick ActiveX controls are direct eqivalent to the desktop applications RxView & RxHighlight, and are therefore named RxViewX & RxHighX.
They use the exact same ActiveX client as the Thin Client Solutions for client-side operations. But as a thick ActiveX control, it has no server module. All the components and filters are merged into the ActiveX control, so everything is installed locally (therefore “thick client”).
Unlike RxView & RxHighlight, which operate as separate Windows applications, the ActiveX controls are embedded into other applications, and operate as a part of these solutions. It can be a Web-solution, a .NET solution or a standard VB/Delphi/MFC solution.
RxViewX is the basic version, providing viewing, printing and measurement features.
RxHighX is the exact same installation as RxViewX, but gives the user access to a set of advanced tools for markup, collaboration, file conversion and batch processes.
The installation is common for RxViewX & RxHighX, and it is the license file that controls whether you have access to the RxHighX options or not.
Customization and Integration:
RxViewX/HighX are equipped with over 100 methods and properties that developers can use to customize the integration according to their own needs.
The actual ActiveX controls are also fully customizable; all the buttons, panes, menu items and status bars can be switched on or off.
The first server-based viewer with thin ActiveX clients on the market. The ultimate solution for viewing over web!
RxViewServer is a server-based solution for fast sharing of documents and drawings over the web – with no software installed on the client machines!
RxViewServer allows users to view, print, markup and collaborate on more than 250 different file formats (CAD drawings, plot-files, PDF files, Office documents, raster images etc.) directly within their browser – via intranet, extranet, internet, web portals or content management systems.
RxViewServer or RxViewServer PRO?
RxViewServer is the basic version, providing viewing, printing and measurement features.
RxViewServer PRO is the exact same installation as RxViewServer, but gives the users access to a set of advanced tools for markup, collaboration, file conversion and batch processes.
The installation is common for RxViewServer & RxViewServer PRO, and it is the license file that controls whether you have access to the PRO options or not.
RxViewServer is a true client/server-solution for web:
With RxViewServer installed on the Web server, all enterprise content information is accessible for authorized team members – both inside and outside the organization.
The first time a user wants to view a file, a small ActiveX component is downloaded automatically in the background. This ActiveX component runs in the browser, and communicates with the server, handles security settings and controls the local user operations. Not only can the user zoom, pan, rotate, calibrate and print, but he can comment with redlining and markup, perform text search and extraction, insert links to other documents etc. for collaboration with other team members.
Whenever a user requests a file view, RxViewServer converts a copy of the original file to a compressed and encrypted “Rasterex Content Format” (RxC), and streams the file over to the client’s browser, for instant viewing and annotation. The RxC-file is automatically cached on the server for future sessions. Although the original file is left untouched on the server, the RxC-format carries all the native information to the client; like layers, block info, attributes, Xrefs, hyperlinks, pen tables, text info etc.
Features & Benefits:
- A full featured viewer, not a stripped down version of the desktop solution
- The RxC format transfers the native file information, not an insufficient raster representation
- No software installations and no environment like “Java Virtual Machine” etc. needed on the client machine. All you need is Internet Explorer!
- The activeX control is made available as a downloadable CAB-file of less than 1 MB, which makes it extremely fast to download!
- The activeX control receives all the file information needed to perform the local operations, independently of the server. The server can instantly start working with new file requests. A true transaction based system for maximum performance!
- Advanced streaming technology starts displaying data instantly, while the data is being rendered in the background. The user can immediately start working on the data, interrupt the process or start requesting a new file.
- The RxC file is a strongly compressed file (5-20% the size of the original file), increasing speed and performance without loosing native information
- The compressed RxC file is cached on the server, for subsequent faster viewing
- Extremely powerful printing facilities – supporting all printers & plotters as well as all formats supported by MS Windows – including high resolution and large format printing – with advanced features like scaled print, poster print, print preview, print portion, watermark, header/footer and pen table support.
- Installation, Maintenance and Upgrades are performed on the server, automatically updating the clients’ ActiveX controls. Saving time and money!
- The RxC format renders a copy of the file for visualization purposes, and all annotations and markups are store in separate transparent layers. The original file is always left securely untouched on the server.
- RxViewServer uses standard http(s) port, no new ports to be opened
- RxViewServer uses the underlying intranet or content management system’s security protocols, user control and security settings
- The most cost effective licensing system on the market, available both as counted network licenses, and as floating ‘concurrent user’ licenses. By letting an unlimited number of users share a limited number of floating licenses, the company can make huge savings in license and maintenance expenses
- The license file can easily be extended to a higher number of users just by changing a simple code string
- The licenses can be made floating between Basic and PRO version (with or without markup), increasing the cost effectiveness even further
- RxViewServer is delivered with a standard set of 2D file formats, but does also support the complete range of 3D CAD formats, within the same basic application.
- The 3D CAD formats are subject to separate pricing and licensing. Please ask for specifications.